Thursday, December 26, 2013

"For a good cause"

I have always loved having long hair. It has always been a source of pride for me that my hair grows fairly quickly. My hair was, after all, to my waist when straightened. On October 1st, in honor of my mother, I cut my hair to donate to make wigs for cancer patients.

Photo: Today I chopped off 15+ inches to donate to someone battling cancer!

The minimum you can donate is 8 inches...but that was nothing for me. If I was going to cut it, I was going to cut as much as I possibly could. I don't cut my hair often, and I definitely don't cut it to a style so this was a rarity. I was determined to help as much as I could. The stylist split my hair into 6 sections as I was able to donate a whopping 15 inches.

I am so glad that I was able to do this. I still remember when my mom received her wig while undergoing cancer treatment. She once told me she no longer felt like a woman after having ovarian cancer and breast cancer and losing her hair. I like to think that having a wig helped her feel more feminine and I pray that my donation will help bring a smile to someone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment